Mystic Pizza Box

Mystic Pizza Box
A slice of heaven

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Joe's Pub meet and greet photos

I decided before the day of the GGG benefit show at Joe's Pub that I would give Vincent some birthday gifts, albeit belated, as his birthday was June 30 and the show would be on July 22, 2010. During my family's annual summer trip to Mystic, CT in early July, we visited downtown Mystic Village. Unfortunately, the temperature was already near 100 degrees by noon, so we went back to our hotel near Old Mistick Village to cool off. However, I decided to drive to Mystic Pizza myself and ordered the house special pizza to go. After we feasted in our room, I decided to save the pizza box for my gift presentation, and used the shopping bag from our trip to Foxwoods the next day to bring the box with Vincent's gifts to the meet and greet. While at Foxwoods, I stopped by the Hard Rock Cafe and found some great guitar pins that would become part of the gifts for Vincent. I did use some brown wrapping  paper to line the inside of the pizza box before placing the bag containing the gifts inside, as I wanted to hide those pesky pizza stains. I wondered how Vincent would react to seeing the Mystic Pizza box, as I was paying homage to his earlier film "Mystic Pizza", which was one of the first films of his I ever saw. Well, he loved the box and the goodies I had packed inside for him. He even helped me open the box, which I  had to seal with tape to keep the gifts from falling out.

Here are some photos:






1 comment: